I recently spent 24 hours in Tokyo to shoot some street photography and time lapses. Check out some of my favorites in the gallery below.
My Weekend Timeline:
- Leave Nashville, Friday morning at 6am flying to Detroit.
- Arrive in Detroit at 8:30 and immediately board my flight to Minneapolis.
- Arrive in Minneapolis with a 9 minute layover before boarding begins to Tokyo Haneda.
- Depart Minneapolis at 12:04pm on Friday and arrive in Tokyo at 2:55pm on Saturday (11 hours in flight and a 14 hour time difference).
- Catch a JapanTaxi to the Hilton in Odaiba where I’m welcomed with two fresh oranges, two packages of Cup Noodles and three colorful macaroons.
- Spend the next four hours shooting time-lapse video of the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo street photography around Odaiba.
- Go to bed at 7:30pm local time so I can wake up at 2am for some late night street photography.
- Back at the hotel by 6:30am for breakfast then hopped on the next train from Odaiba to Tokyo.
- Took at walk from the train station to Zojoji Temple where I spent about two hours before heading back out to wander the streets of Tokyo.
- Back on the train to Odaiba just in time to check out of the Hilton at 12pm.
- Another friendly JapanTaxi ride to Tokyo Haneda Airport.
- Passport control, security screening and then it was lunch time.
- Filled out a tourist survey for a free sushi shaped eraser!
- Found 9 different flavors of KitKat bars, bought zero.
- Depart Tokyo at 4:55pm on Sunday, arrive in Nashville at 4:30pm on Sunday (thanks time zones).
- 10/10 would do it again